Candid Pride Campaign
Breaking the silence on menstruation, sexual and reproductive health.
Candid pride is a campaign that was started in August 2015 to break the silence on menstruation, sexual and reproductive health among adolescents in Zambian
- Distribution of sanitary materials to girls in schools who are in need in order to reduce absenteeism, adding value to the quality of education.
- Educating girls on the importance of good menstrual hygiene practices reducing incidence of urinary tract and vaginal infections.
- Educating girls to be proud of who they are and how they were made
regardless of how uncomfortable menstruation can sometimes be.
- Teaching girls how to make reusable sanitary napkins with whatever
materials they have.
- To educate boys on women empowerment, how to appreciate girls and what it is like to be a real man in a modern world.
“As at January 2017, this Campaign had reached out to over 9,000+ adolescents with donations of over 5,000 sanitary napkins and hygiene kits in 4 districts of Zambia. The campaign has also taken activism to the streets by holding awareness walks and menstrual health carnivals.”